Perks are special bonuses that players can add to their characters to give special abilities. Perks are a variation of the power-up mechanic, but are permanent rather than temporary and are progressively unlocked through ability points in the determined skill.
In Dawn 2055, there are six different perk trees, and perks are unlocked depending on how many points are invested in each. Only the player's base skill counts, not any boosts from items. The fist tier of perks is able to be selected when the skill reaches 30 points, the second one when the skill reaches 65 points and the third when the skill reaches 100 points. The first tier has only one choice per skill. The second and third tiers have two options for each skill, so the player must choose which perk to pick.
The perk trees are, from left to right, Speed, Scouting, Salvaging, Crafting, Survival, and Recovery.
In the Speed perk tree there are:
- Fast Fighter- bonus 5% speed bonus when fighting other players or NPCs.
- Endurance- fast traveling takes 8 stamina while on foot and no stamina while speeding in a vehicle.
- Fast everywhere- terrain type doesn't affect speed while on foot.
- Hauler- move at a slow walk with a maximum overweight of 2 times, but use stamina.
- Fuel saver- speeding vehicles uses only 1.5x increased fuel consumption instead of 2x.
In the Scouting perk tree there are:
- Observer- bonus 5 point bonus to scouting skill when performing a recon on other players.
- Know it all- recon player group skills.
- Mysterious- bonus 10% bonus to scouting skill to hide the information while being reconned by other players.
- Hawk sight- see other players on map in radius of two squares in all terrains.
- Eagle eye- scout a neighbor square for other players. Scouting towns returns only amount of players. Uses 10 stamina points.
In the Salvaging perk tree there are:
- Spot the goods- see amount of salvage in ruins of neighbor squares.
- Not so exhausting- manual salvaging uses only 9% of stamina.
- Heavy lifter- carry additional weight of 100 points.
- Drive and collect-the auto salvage items and materials while driving a vehicle.
- Careful picker- salvaging performed by player depletes 20% less from overall salvage pool of the square.
In the Crafting perk tree there are:
- Know the tools- all crafting missions require 1% less stamina than normal.
- Master maintainer- all items degrade by 20% less than normal.
- Fill the gaps- create blueprints from broken items.
- Breaker- always get materials from breaking down items.
- Fixer- use 10% less materials to fix broken items.